Educators at over 500 of the world's leading Higher-Ed institutions have made VoiceThread a part of their 21st-Century learning platform, offering students in online courses, hybrid courses, and site-based courses the opportunity to collaborate and interact with instructional materials. The Department License is an excellent way to introduce the value of on-demand collaboration to a select group of faculty and students at your institution.
Download a comprehensive description of the service and license.
- Extend the classroom beyond its walls and scheduled time.
- Online teaching & learning: provide "untethered" participation for students and educators, regardless of time and place.
- Build a stronger sense of community within classes
- Streamline course infrastructure with a media agnostic platform
- Offer accessible means of participation for anyone.
- Enhance understanding of visual concepts via multi-modal commentary with annotation.
- Simplify IT infrastructure using a multi-platform Cloud Application.
"...VoiceThread is a web service that allows users to upload PowerPoint slides, videos, photos, etc. and add voice narration to create a multimedia presentation. But best of all, viewers can add their own comments to the presentation via voice or text. With VoiceThread students can attach questions or thoughts about a lecture directly to the lecture itself when and where they apply. The result is a discussion that is integrated into the lecture itself."
- John Orlando, E-Learning Consultant