By using and/or visiting this webservice (including all content made available through the VoiceThread.com domain name, the "VoiceThread" webservice, or "Webservice"), you the user are hereby agreeing to the following terms and conditions outlined below. These terms apply to all data and information that you transmit to VoiceThread ("Content"). If you do not agree to any of these terms, please do not use the services provided by this webservice.
1. You must be at least 13 years or older to register and use this Service. If you are under the age of 13, you must use an account created by a parent or guardian, and you must have the explicit permission of a parent or guardian to use the Service.
2. You are responsible for all transactions that occur from within your account or under your screen name. You are responsible for keeping your password secure. You must immediately notify the VoiceThread of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. VoiceThread is not liable for loses caused by unauthorized use of your account, you may be liable to VoiceThread or others for such unauthorized use.
4. The use of some features of this webservice, require the creation of an account. You may never use another user's account without prior permission. You must provide accurate and complete information when creating an account on the VoiceThread Service.
5. You agree not to employ automated systems (including crawlers, spiders, robots, etc) that send more requests to VoiceThread servers than possible to do by a human using a conventional web-browser in the same amount of time. However, VoiceThread allows the operators of public search engines to use spiders to copy materials from the webservice for sole purpose of creating public accessibility, but does not grant these operators permission to store, cache, or archive such materials for any other purpose.
6. You may not use VoiceThread for any illegal, illicit, or unauthorized purposes. Users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content. International users, outside of the United States, agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content usage.
7. You are responsible for any and all content (data, text, information, screen name, graphics, photos, profiles, audio, video clips, links, or any information that you contribute to the VoiceThread Service) that you submit, post, create, and display on VoiceThread.
8. You agree not to modify, adapt, or impair any service on VoiceThread or its derivative products or services. Additionally, you agree not to falsely imply association with VoiceThread.
9. You agree not to transmit, construct, or provide means to send unwanted email messages to any VoiceThread user or use this webservice to convey unsolicited or unwanted emails to external users.
10. You may not transmit any code, worms, or viruses or destructive code to the VoiceThread Service or to hosts such code on this webservice.
11. You may not use VoiceThread to violate any laws in your jurisdiction or the jurisdiction of the United States. You may not post any content that violates the copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights of VoiceThread or a third party.
Violation of these terms can result in the immediate termination of your VoiceThread account and the removal of all associated content. While VoiceThread strictly prohibits such conduct and content on its Service, you understand and agree that VoiceThread cannot be responsible for the Content posted by users on the webservice. Furthermore, you understand that you may be exposed to such materials and that your use of VoiceThread is at your own risk.
VoiceThread respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask you and our users to do the same. VoiceThread may disable and/or terminate a user's account if VoiceThread determines that the user is violating applicable copyright or other intellectual property rights of VoiceThread or any other third party.
12. VoiceThread may contain links by third party websites that are not owned, affiliated, or controlled by VoiceThread. VoiceThread has no control over and assumes no responsibility for content, policies, or practices of any third party website. Moreover, VoiceThread cannot edit or censor any of the content provided by these third party sites. By using the webservice, you are relieving VoiceThread from any and all liabilities arising from your use of these third party websites.
VoiceThread reserves the right to modify or terminate the VoiceThread service for any reason, without notice, at any time.
VoiceThread reserves the right to refuse service to anyone, for any reason, at any time.
Content and materials, provided through the VoiceThread service, posted on external third party websites must display a link back to the VoiceThread webservice on each and every page that include this hosted Content.
VoiceThread reserve the right to terminate any account that is found to be using VoiceThread merely for the purpose of hosting graphic or other electronic media such as web page designs, icons, emoticons, avatars, badges or other elements on external website in a fashion that has not been sanctioned explicitly by VoiceThread. This provision excludes embedding Content that VoiceThread has deemed acceptable for display on an external site.
Content submitted or made available through the Service
VoiceThread does not claim ownership of any Content you submit or make available for inclusion on the Service. However, with respect to any Content you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Service you grant VoiceThread the following worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive license(s), as applicable:
- With respect to Content you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of VoiceThread, the license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such Content on the Service solely for the purposes of providing and promoting the content. This license exists only for as long as you elect to continue to include such Content on the Service and will terminate at the time you remove or VoiceThread removes such Content from the Service.
- With respect to Content other than photos, graphics, audio or video you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Service other than the VoiceThread Service, the perpetual, irrevocable and fully sublicensable license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and publicly display such Content (in whole or in part) and to incorporate such Content into other works in any format or medium now known or later developed.
- With respect to Commentary, when a user leaves commentary anywhere within any VoiceThread Forum user grants the owner of same VoiceThread Forum the perpetual, irrevocable and fully sublicensable license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and publicly display such Commentary (in whole or in part) and to incorporate such Content into other works in any format or medium now known or later developed.
"Publicly accessible" areas of the Service are those areas that are available to the general public.
Contributions to VoiceThread
1. By submitting ideas, suggestions, documents, and/or proposals ("Contributions") to VoiceThread through its suggestion or feedback mechanisms, you acknowledge and agree that: (a) your Contributions do not contain confidential or proprietary information; (b) VoiceThread is not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Contributions; (c) VoiceThread shall be entitled to use or disclose (or choose not to use or disclose) such Contributions for any purpose, in any way, in any media worldwide; (d) VoiceThread may have something similar to the Contributions already under consideration or in development; (e) your Contributions automatically become the property of VoiceThread without any obligation of VoiceThread to you; and (f) you are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from VoiceThread under any circumstances.
Copyright (What's Yours is Yours)
NOTICE AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT
VoiceThread respects the intellectual property of others and we ask our users to do the same. VoiceThread may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who may be repeat offenders. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide VoiceThread's Copyright Agent the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located in the Service;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
VoiceThread's Agent for Notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached as follows:
Copyright Agent c/o
PO Box 970533
Boca Raton FL 33497-0533
Phone: (253) 785-0036
Fax: (253) 785-0036
VoiceThread is a media sharing community which provides you with an easy way to publish and share media online, adding meaningful metadata and commentary to media. You do not need to be registered to search or view public media on VoiceThread, however you must be a registered member of VoiceThread to post or add commentary to VoiceThreads.
Information Collection and Use Practices
- You can choose to make your media and commentary public for anyone to access, restrict access to a limited number of other VoiceThread users, or keep your media and comments private so only you can access them.
- Advertisements shown to you may be related to textual information, such as metadata and notes, associated with the media you are seeing, or the search terms you entered.
Information Sharing and Disclosure Practices
- You can specify whether or not you want your media to be accessible to the public, accessible to a select few, or private (only you can access them with your VoiceThread ID and password).
Practices Regarding Your Ability to Update or Delete Information
- You can delete individual media and comments that you have on VoiceThread by selecting the media and your comments that you wish to delete, then clicking the delete button. Or you can delete an entire any of your own VoiceThreads by going into the 'options' tab and clicking delete.
- Visit your VoiceThread Accounts and Identities area to edit your profile, default privacy settings for media and comments, and more.
- Please give us feedback if you have questions about this service.
This information may change as VoiceThread revises this service by adding or removing features or using different service providers.