Phishing is a malicious attempt to gain access to your account or to direct you to a fake website that may ask you to login or enter personal information. Many scammers try to trick people with emails that look legitimate but lead somewhere malicious. When in doubt, always go directly to voicethread.com without clicking on a link in an email.
To identify phishing or spoofed emails, beware of:
- Messages with misspellings, typos, or oddly placed accents.
- Mismatched links: when you hover your mouse over a link in an email, look at the status bar at the bottom of your browser window. This shows you the URL behind that hyperlink. If it is not a voicethread.com address, do not click on it.
- Messages asking for your password.
- Comment notifications that do not have an “unsubscribe” link.
- Advanced: If you inspect the full headers of the email you received, and the “Received:” headers do not include “voicethread.com” or “voicethread.net”, you can conclude that the email was not sent by VoiceThread.
If you suspect that you’ve received a malicious email, please forward the email to email@example.com so we can investigate.